Monday, May 30, 2016

Week 90 - Heading to Cusco!

Wow, such a great week, lots of fun stuff and lots of good things happening. First of all, transfers.......drum roll please. Im heading out of Puno after 5 transfers there and now Im finally going to Cusco! Ive wanted to go there my whole time in the mission, because its called Peru Cusco Mission....and my new area is called Villa Union. My new companion is Elder Estigarribia, he is from Paraguay. He seems pretty fun and ready to work, so Im excited to see what is going to happen. The transfers came out of no where though....we got a call from the zone leaders Sunday night saying that I have to leave Monday morning to Cusco because of some strike that was going to happen in Puno Tuesday and Wednesday. So I had to pack up everything yesterday and say goodbye to all of the people in Huajsapata. I said bye to all the people I could and it was sad, I didnt like it. But 7 months there was good, now off to probably finish my mission here in Cusco!

Also this week we had Ivan's baptism!!! Ivan has been prepared by the Lord to be baptized into the church and he was so excited too. I had the great privilege to baptize him and help him make that covenant with our Father in Heaven. Lots of members came to support him and many of the youth of the ward too, great support from them. But the baptism went well, all on time, and I always love when converts give their testimonies after. I always feel the spirit strong, Ivan gave a powerful testimony of the truth and that he knew what he was doing was correct, it just makes me so happy to hear all about it. 

But we had a great week visiting the members, helping our investigators come closer to Christ and many other wonderful things. But I had a great time with Elder Yepez, great Elder, but now to work these last few months and see what the Lord has in store for me and my companion. Sorry for writing so late, but I was travelling since 8:30am until about 3:30.......hope you enjoy! Oh and I forgot my camera so I will have to send all the pictures of the baptism and transfers next week, so lots of pictures next week!! Love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment