Monday, November 17, 2014

Week 10 -- Hermana Shoaf?

Wow!! This week has flown by and that is not an exaggeration! Probably the fastest week of my mission and there will probably be more to come also. Really not much has happened this week, still exciting here, but not too eventful.

First off, our numbers this week were not too bad, but we definitely can do better with lessons with members, and contacting way more. Our mission has a goal to contact 15 families and teach 5 of them by the end of the month. That is pretty difficult because usually the family dynamics are never a mother, father, and kids. But we need to teach families, because of how important the family unit is in the church. We definitely need to get moving on that more. Also our investigators are doing pretty well; we have gotten a few new ones this week, but we are trying to converse more with our older ones. We have a person who accepted a baptismal date on the first lesson and that was super exciting, hoping it all works out for her. Also, Jhon, our last baptism, received the priesthood this week and it was awesome! So glad he has stuck through the hard times to get to this point. And finally with the investigators, we have a family that will probably be fully active here soon and hopefully we will baptize their daughter and they will all be active in church again.. So excited to see the results.

Well, my studies have been pretty good too. My goal is to finish the Book of Mormon by the end of my training here in Sicuani in January. I am on track to do so and right now I am in Mosiah. So lots of cool stuff in studying the scriptures. Also I am trying to study the language by reading a lot, so the scriptures are in Spanish and I am reading the Liahona in Spanish also. Then working on the words I don't know. So my Spanish ability is growing, and lessons are becoming way easier because I know what to communicate to others. haha

And finally, something really weird and awesome occurred. I was in a member's home and she has a missionary nametag from the 1980s of an Hermana Shoaf!! I dont know who it is, but I am assuming I am related to her....?? The sister said that her name was Kimberly Shoaf, so do we have a relative named this?? Let me know! I thought that was amazing.

Well, not much else has happened. I get to go to Cusco tomorrow to hear from the Area Presidency and a member of the Seventy. The whole mission is coming for it, so it should be fun seeing all the missionaries and getting some pretty awesome training.

Well, that's about it, miss everyone like crazy, and cant wait to see what else is in store here! Crazy! Well, until next week!

Elder Martinez

CompaƱeros

The Macedo family with Jhon and his snazzy suit.

A Catholic church we saw when we went to the lake.

A dead bird on a van. I can't remember why I thought this was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment