Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 21

Yeah, another week down, but again, time is flying super fast and I cant believe it is already February!! But a great week of trying to get things done and continue working here in Sicuani!

But yeah our week with numbers wasn't that great.....and it seemed like we had so many set appts and most of them fell through. But that is how it goes some weeks and it really stinks. But yeah Elder Stradling and I are starting to try and focus more on families and teach more than I have before. It is hard to find some of these families but we were able to teach one this week for the first time and actual contact 5 families this week. That is our focus, to work with families to strengthen the ward and  work with the members in supporting us in lessons. Overall, not bad of an effort but I know that we can do better.

We also got to go to Cusco this week for a Multi Zone Conference and it was great! So we had Sicuani, Inti Raymi, Cusco, and Valle Sagrado there, so it was awesome seeing some old friends from the CCM and from Sicuani but left. So that was fun, and we learned so much from President and all the zone leaders.  A lot of focusing on families like usual, baptismal goal for the year (1200 for the whole mission), contacting, and being worthy of a temple recommend. So overall a wonderful time in Cusco and it was just great getting some instruction from our leaders of the mission and feeling the spirit with a bunch of missionaries. Also when I was in Cusco, I finally got some packages from you guys....Thanks Whitney and Ashton for the awesome packages. I am going to enjoy the candy and photos and all the goodies you sent. Seriously made my day and week to get stuff from home.

Well, finally my goal to better my Spanish has fully been amped up. As of this week, I am only speaking in Spanish to literally everyone. Every gringo, every Satino, and in everything I do. This I am hoping will accelerate my Spanish to another level and I can fully speak with anyone. Well, we will see how it goes.....that is all. Not much else happened. Just hanging out in Cusco again for Pday today and we will talk next week!

Distrito Vallecito of Sicuani
Elders George, Harris, and Allen of my CCM group



No comments:

Post a Comment