Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 92 - My Birthday and getting trunky!

Things are pretty chill this week, not too much happening, really just work all day every day. But some highlights were of course my birthday yesterday!! Thank you all for the emails for my 21st birthday and wishing me a great day, but really it was like every other day in the mission. I still had to work and we had a full afternoon of lessons. The only thing I really did to celebrate my birthday was eat some tres leches cake with my pensionista and she also made me pancakes with realy maple syrup at night! So gooood!! Since Im new to the ward, no one knew it was my birthday, but I still had a great day and enjoyed my special day haha. My first day of church in my new ward was yesterday and I love the ward, very organized and its a better functioning ward than some others I have been in the mission. The attendance is a lot lower than it used to be, but there are a lot of cool members here and they are great!! 

Also this week we have seen a few people start to progress, Villa Union is a ward that has a lot of potential and there are lots of people to visit too. We were able to set up a baptismal date for a part member family of a less active sister that is coming back to church, her 2 kids for July 2nd. They are super cool, and they all came to church Sunday.....progressing pretty well and were excited. We have another investigator Piter that came to church and we are looking to put a baptismal date for July also.....he is really dedicated to follow Christ. But really Im getting to know my area a little more, basically all of it, but still learning where everyone lives. But Elder Estigarribia is super cool, we are enjoying each day of work and are hoping to see some baptisms soon. 

But really many things have been going by so fast here in the mission and now its coming down to my last few months and its crazy!! Im not trunky, or how they say in the mission being lazy and thinking about home, just crazy to think that 2 years have flown by and I have so much more to learn. Also my itinerary for my flights back home just came in!! So crazy, but that means to just continue working hard and seeing personal growth and help others come unto Christ. But thanks everyone for all the support you have given me in my whole time here and Im excited to see whats next for me and my companion here in Cusco!!

Lots of pictures to come. And Ill be getting back around noon August 24th in Indianapolis!!
 


2. Playing soccer at the chapel.

 3. Titanic bar....literally haha

 4. Pic from our apartment.

 5-6. The market here is crazy....so many people.


 7-33. Ruins above Cusco that are pretty cool with a very beautiful Inka Trail. Lots of Elders came with us and we all had a good time for Pday.



























 34-35. Subway finally came to Cusco!! Sooooo good....I miss it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment