Monday, December 1, 2014

Week 12 -- 2nd Transfer Down!

Wow, again another week here in Peru and now finished my 2nd transfer in total and the first one in the field! Crazy! Time seriously is nothing here and it just goes by so fast. But this week was a pretty great week for Elder Martinez and I with a bunch of lessons and finally got another person with a baptismal date!

But this week again is really awesome, especially for me. Well, we have been working with this family whose mom is less active but is almost back to full activity, and the son is Jhon who was baptized a few weeks ago. And we finally got his sister to accept baptism for the 12th of this month now! So we are super excited to see this family be totally members and full activity. And the best part is......I am going to baptize her! So my first baptism!!!! Woah! I don't know why she asked me, but she really enjoys that I am a gringo, and I am so excited and honored to baptize her. So that is definitely the highlight of my week! All of our other investigators are doing well, we are trying to work on another family to reactivity and baptize the daughter too, but it is hard with their work on Sundays, so they never attend. But overall, we are doing pretty well with our work here and enjoying teaching all of these people.

As I said, that tomorrow is exchanges for the mission, so we will be seeing if we are getting new people in our zone and new missionaries in the mission too. But Elder Martinez and I are staying because I am still in training....so 6 more weeks in Sicuani. But most likely we will see changes in the zone and some others in our leadership. But not much change for me, but I am glad because Sicuani is treating me super well and I am loving it here.

Not much else is happening here, but we are excited to start working this holiday season and especially teaching about Christ. Crazy to think that it is December now and that Christmas is coming around the corner. Missed Thanksgiving for sure and definitely gonna miss the holiday season with all of you guys! Enjoy your days in the states and until next week!

A selfie while making bread


Elder Martinez with Jhon, Shiomara, and family

Jhon y Elder Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment